While I try to update my Windows 8.1 operating System to latest operating System Windows 10 then Windows 10 update error 0x800f0831 appears on my Computer screen and the installation is terminated by an update error code 0x800f0831. Please help me to fix this issue.
If you are a Windows user and struggling to install Windows updates or unable to upgrade your system to Windows 10 because of Windows 10 update error 0x800f0831 then this tutorial will definitely help you.
What is Windows 10 update Error 0x800f0831?
Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0831 is a Computer virus that appears on the system screen whenever users tries to update their System to Windows 10 or downloading any available update. It appears on the system screen and terminates the updating process during the updating Windows operating System 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.
When users tries to update their System with the help of Windows Update Service then this kind of error code generated that displays any types of computer infection present inside Windows update Service.There are so many Windows update errors, but some out of them can be easily triggered by Windows store cache, inaccessible windows Update service. Antivirus Software or some corrupted updated files.
Causes of Error 0x80072efd Windows 10
- Corrupted system files
- Incorrectly install Office suite
- Conflict with other software
- Out-dated Windows
- Virus infections
- Corrupted Windows Registry Keys
- Malware and virus that has corrupted the program files.
- Another program mistakenly deleted.
- Corrupt download and incomplete installation Software.
Steps To Fix Windows 10 Error 0x800f0831
If you are unable to update your system due to Windows Update Error Code 0x800f0831 then don’t need to worried, this guide will help you to easily fix Windows 10 Error 0x800f0831. Please follow the below steps Carefully.
FIX1: Reset Windows 10 Update Components
- Right-click Win key and select Command Prompt2.If a UAC shows up, click OK to proceed.
- Find and click on the registry key or subkey that you want to backup and select File -> Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, choose the location where you want to store the backup copy.
- Type the name for the backup in the File name and select Save. (the steps 1 to 5 are recommended. This way you will create the registry backups, which may help in case of a failure or damage of the wrong entries).
- Then stop stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, and MSI Installer services. For that, type the following commands and press Enter after each:
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
- Once done, paste the Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\qmgr*.dat” command to delete qmgr*.dat files.
- Then copy and paste cd /d %windir%\\system32 command and press Enter.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, type all the commands listed below and press Enter after each:
- exe atl.dll
- To reset Winsock, type netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy commands. Press Enter after each of them as usually.
- Finally, restart BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by entering the following commands each followed by Eter:
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
FIX2 : Disable Proxy
- Click Win key+ R, type cpl, and press Enter.2.Select Connections and then open LAN Settings.
- Find automatically detect settings box and mark it with a tick.
- Finally, unmark the Proxy server box.
FIX3 : Scan For Any Corrupted System Files & Fix Them!
- Open Command Prompt with the admin privilege, to do this right-click on the Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command prompt type: dism /online /clean-up-image /restore health and press Enter.
- This command will scan and fix all the corrupted system files.
FIX4 : Trouble Shoot Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0831
- Open Control Panel, to do this press Windows + X and choose Control panel.
- Search for the troubleshooter with the help of search box and click Troubleshooting.
- Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.
FIX5 : Clear Windows Store Cache
- Type “wsreset” in the search box and click “Run as administrator”.
- A command prompt window will open and then close automatically. After that, you’ll see a confirmation message shows up saying: “The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps”.
- Check the Windows Store app.
Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0831 Automatically
All the above given manual solution are very effective to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800f0831 or any type of update error. However, if you don’t want to follow manual steps. Are you looking automatic removal tool then please use the below automatic removal tool that help you to fix Windows 10 Error 0x800f0831 automatically from your Windows.