I am getting WinWord.exe application error message during the installation of Microsoft Office application. So that I couldn’t completely install MS office. I don’t know what is it and how to fix WinWord.exe application error in Windows. Please help me:
What Is WinWord.exe Application Error?
WinWord.exe is an executable file that is associated with MSDN Disc 2092 that developed by Microsoft for the windows Operating System. But most of the users complained that encountered WinWord.exe application error message during the installation of Microsoft office application.
It is commonly reported on the internet because Microsoft office is set of tools that are one of the most used applications in the World. WinWord.exe is a process that runs in the Task Manager and once the error pop-ups, prevent users from starting MS office and some other applications.
Causes Of WinWord.exe Application Error:
- Corrupted system files
- Incorrectly install Office suite
- Conflict with other software
- Out-dated Windows
- Virus infections
- Corrupted Windows Registry Keys
- Malware and virus that has corrupted the program files.
- Another program mistakenly deleted.
- Corrupt download and incomplete installation Software.
When Do WinWord.exe Application Error Occur?
Such types of error often occur during the computer or program start up, or while trying to use a specific function in your program. Some of the most common error are:
- exe Application Error
- exe failed
- exe is not running
- exe not found
- Cannot find WinWord.exe
- Faulting Application Path: WinWord.exe
- exe is not a valid Win32 application
Methods To Fix WinWord.exe Application Error
It is extremely unlucky when Microsoft office helpful software does not work and prevents users from doing their work properly. However, here are a few Methods which will help you fix WinWord.exe application error.
Repair the installation of MS Office
If MS Office was installed incorrectly, repairing the installation will help you fix WinWord.exe error:
- Click on Start and type in Control Panel
- Hit Enter and go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- Locate Microsoft Office installation, right click on it and select Change
- In the new pop-up window, pick Repair and then Continue
Run DISM scam to solve WinWord.exe application error issue
check that you can perform via Command Prompt is DISM scan:
- Go to Command Prompt (Admin) again and type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Press Enter and wait for the scan to finish (beware that this process can last up to a few hours, depending on your system configuration)
Run System File Checker to solve WinWord.exe application problem
If your computer is experiencing any type of problems that are not specific, your first troubleshooting steps should be a virus scan and SFC scan. To scan your machine, please follow these steps:
- Type in Command Prompt or cmd into the search box
- Right-click on it an pick Run as administrator
- Type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Windows will fix errors automatically and will inform you if any were found
Restart the Winword.exe process
This is one of the more simple solutions that might help you. Follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
- In the older Windows versions, you will see the process winword running, while in the newer ones it will be called Microsoft Word
- Select the process and press End Task
Make sure Windows is up to date
- Right-click on the Start button and pick Settings
- Locate Updates and security
- Click on Check for updates
- Wait till Windows installs the newest updates and then restart your System
Remove incompatible software
Most of the Users informed that several programs caused a WinWord.exe application error. Removing it might help you fix the issue. Watch out for these add-ons and applications:
- Abbyy Finereader
- Fun Tools
- Toshiba Book Reader
- Acrobat PDFMaker
- Nvidia driver NVWGF2UM.DLL
- Canon MF8000 UFRI LT XPS driver
Check for knotty software on application manager to end WinWord.exe errors
Various software packages may include issues with the permissions of the installation of the Office suite. You can check the programs and uninstall them.
- Press the Windows button and R.
- Go to Application manager by searching appwiz.cpl in the dialogue window.
- Then choose the program and right-click to Uninstall.
- Then check for any recently installed application on your computer. If you recall the time WinWord.exe error started to appear check for software downloaded around that time.
- Uninstall the application and Restart the computer after that to apply all needed changes.
8.Use System Restore point
You can try using system restore if you created a restore point previously. Note that newly installed programs or added files will not be affected by this process.
- Type Control Panel into the search box
- Then, go to System and Security > System
- Pick System Protection on the left pane and then select System Restore
- Choose a restore point and follow on-screen instruction
Use Automatic Removal Tool
If you will fail to fix WinWord.exe application error and you don’t to try with manual steps, please use the below automatic removal tool that help you to fix your error completely from your windows.