Many of the users noticed that the username or email id being displayed when they are signed in using a Microsoft Account. Are you one of them and you wanted to change your name because of privacy reason? Have you don’t any idea how to change account name in Windows 10? This guide will teach you so please follow carefully.
How To Change Account Name In Windows 10
If you are using a Microsoft account to sign in to windows 10 the account demolish the name your see on the sign-in screen from the cloud. If you want to change the account name, then follow the below steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Your info.
- Click the Manage my Microsoft account
- Under the current account name, click the More Options
- Select the Edit profile option.
7. Under the current account name, click the Edit name
- Change your name and last name as needed.
- Answer the captcha challenge to confirm that you’re not a robot.
- Click the Save
- Restart your device.
Once you complete the steps, the name on the Sign-in screen will be updated with the new changes. If you want to make your information a little more private, you can opt to use the first six letters of your name and the first two letters of your last name.
Using Control Panel
If you’re using a local account, which isn’t linked to a Microsoft account, you’ll need to use Control Panel to change your account name. To update your account name using the User Accounts settings, follow below steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Change account type
- Select the local account to update its name.
- Click the Change the account name
- Update the account name as you want it to appear in the Sign-in screen
- Click the Change Name
After completed the steps, sign-out and the Sign-in screen should now display the new name.
How To Change Account Name In Windows 10 With Netplwiz
If you’re using a local account, which isn’t linked to a Microsoft account, you can also use the other user account settings (netplwiz) available with Control Panel. To update your account name using the User Accounts settings, follow below steps:
- Search fornetplwiz and click the top result to open the tool.
- Select the account to update its name.
- Click the Properties
- Update the “User name” field to change the account nickname.
- Update the “Full Name” field to show a different name in the Sign-in screen.
- Click the Apply
- Click the OK
- Click the OK button again.
Once you complete the steps, sign-out and the Sign-in screen should display the name you specified in the “Full Name” field.