Can’t Create New folder On Windows 10 Desktop? Let’s Learn To Fix It
About the Issue: Based on many reports from Windows 10 users, it’s found that the OS not allowing them to create a New Folder on desktop. Actually, when it’s clicked right mouse button on desktop to create a new folder, they get an error message on screen as <%NULL:OpText> error on screen with no new folders. Generally, creating new folder on desktop or in other system locations can easily be done through described method, but getting failure message in selective cases, is really disturbing.
If you are also facing situations like Can’t create new folder on desktop Windows 10, there might be a bug related to missing registry keys. Probably, those registry keys have been modified or deleted by some malicious program which you have accidentally installed. But don’t be panic as the issue can be resolved in easy manner, and this article brings you some methods you should try.
Suggested Methods To Fix Can’t Create New Folder On Desktop Windows 10
Method 1: Restore your system to a previous restore point
System Restore process or feature in Windows operating system is available since a long time. It enables user to restore their system and its critical settings to an specific date. This basically helps in resolving many critical problems on computer, so does fix Can’t create new folders on desktop Windows 10 as well. Here comes the steps:
1. Click on Start Menu and type ‘System Restore’, and search results will show you System Restore option. Click it to launch the feature.
2. Follow on-screen instructions to navigate to ‘Choose a restore point’ window. select a date on which you were able to create new folders easily, and click Next.
3. Follow further instructions to let System Restore process completed successfully.
4. Restart your system to take the settings modification in effect.
5. Create new folder once again, and your problem must be gone. If not, proceed to next method.
Method 2: Using sfc/scannow option to fix missing system files
Sfc/scannow is an inbuilt utility in Windows which allows users to scan and fix missing Windows file errors. Means, if some essential file is accidentally deleted from your computer, it’s expected to face Can’’t create new folder on desktop Windows 10 issue. To fix the same, run the utility with guidelines below:
1. Click Win+X key combined and select Command Prompt to run it as Administrator.
2. Once CMD is open, type sfc/scannnow command and press Enter key.
3. The utility will now scan your system and fix missing files to repair present issues. Restart your system and try creating new folder to check if problem is resolved.
Method 3: Boot your Windows in Safe Mode
1. Turn off your Windows. Click the power button again and press shift key until the Windows logo appears.
2. Enter in Troubleshoot mode.
3. Select Advanced option, and select Startup Settings option.
4. Now, Restart your system and the PC will boot into Safe Mode.
Method 4: Restore Windows Registry keys
1. Hit Win+R key combination to open Run command line, and type ‘regedit’ and press Enter key.
2. If you are logged into Windows with limited account, you will be asked to enter admin password too. If required, input the same and click OK button.
3. Once Registry Editor is opens, Click Computer in the left pane.
4. Now, click on File in Menu Bar and select Export to create backup of present registry keys. Do assign a location where you want to backup to be saved.
5. Now, select the File menu, and choose Import this time. Locate the previously backed up registry keys to restore the same. This might have fixed Can’t create new folder on desktop Windows 10 issue.
Method 5: Remove some recently rolled out Windows updates
1. Click on Start menu and type Settings in Windows search option. Click on Settings option displayed in result.
2. Select Update & Security.
3. Click on View Installed Update history.
4. Remove some updates there which you seem causing problems to your computer.
5. Restart Windows and check if Can’t create new folder on desktop Windows 10 issue is resolved.
Method 6: Run Automatic Scanner To Detect Malware & Remove It
Many a times, an accidentally installed malware file on your computer do various modifications inside operating system and its files. This might cause a number of issues later that can hardly be fixed easily unless you have high end technical skills. If you are too such a kind of novice user, then you might also not be able to follow above mentioned steps to fix can’t create new folder on desktop Windows 10 issue. So, we bring you an automated scanner option which can resolve the issue on your computer easily.
Not only just the error here mentioned, but also all Windows related errors too without any hassles. Apart from this, it protects your computer by offering a high end security layer that assures you to have error and malware free experiences every time. Here comes the steps you should follow.
I hope you have resolved can’t create new folder on desktop Windows 10 with the guidelines discussed in the article. If you have any doubt or views or questions regarding this article, please share it in the comments section below. Also Subscribe Us to stay tuned with more similar articles.