Fix Storport.sys Windows 10 With Easy Steps: Manual & Automatic Assistance
Windows updates and new builds are being regularly released by Microsoft to sort out many bugs in predecessor builds along with addition of new features. A recently released Windows 10 Preview build 15014 is now available for Windows 10 insiders, however, this build doesn’t have many features and improvements. If you are running Windows 10 OS on your computer, then you might have known about this new build and you might also have installed it. It’s very essential for users to install every update on their OS in order to ensure latest technologies and features. However, installing some updates may also result in some hectic error messages on screen if something gets wrong. And, storport.sys error windows 10 is also such a kind of hectic error brought by Windows 10 Preview build 15014.
About storport.sys windows 10 bsod issue
The aforesaid error on Windows 10 is also renowned as storport.sys windows 10 GSOD. In most of the cases as reported, this error basically prevents users from installing the newly released build updates. Also, this error appears in many cases after successful installation of update. Actually, when the update process is finished and the system reboots storport.sys windows 10 GSOD appears on screen with error code driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. This error code is not so popular in other Windows 10 build updates at all.
Whether the error is popular or not, it can be hectic for users if they unfortunately end up facing it on their system. The reasons for such issue on computer may vary, but based on user’s reports, fixes like clean boot, safe mode, or Windows update troubleshooter didn’t help them. Even it seems the Windows creator have no proper solution for it. So, it’s better for victims to roll back currently installed update to previous build. For which required instructions or methods are here discussed.
Methods to fix storport.sys windows 10
Method 1: Using Advanced Mode
1. Restart your Windows If storport.sys windows 10 GSOD appears and wait until system boots in Advanced Mode
2. Navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Go to the Previoous build
3. Confirm the process by entering your User Account details and continue
4. Click on Go Back to the Previous Build
Method 2: Manual Windows Entries Repair
1. Hit Win + R key combined and type regedit..msc
2. Confirm your action by clicking Yes when a pop up appears
3. Navigate to storport.sys related component in registry editor and create a backup of it. Just choose the registry place and choose Export from file menu.
4. browse the location where you want to save the backup of selected registry key, assign a name and save it.
Method 3: Restore System Settings
1. Click on Start button and type system restore. And click on System Restore option shown in search results.
2. If you are logged in through limited account, you might be asked for adminitrative password, input it.
3. System restore wizard will open, select the last restore point where you want to restore, and click next to process the process.
4. Once restore process is done, Reboot your Windows
Method 4: Upgrade Windows OS
1. Hit Start button and type window update, Click Window Update option to open it
2. Click on Check for updates, and install the updates if any recommended option is there
Method 5: Using CheckDisk Commands
1. Open Command Prompt as Adminisrator
2. Type chkdsk/f and hit Enter key
3. Follow all commands further to complete HDD check
Method 6: Using SFC Scanner
1. Run Command Prompt as Administrator
2. When cmd is active on scren, type sfc/scannow and press Enter
3. Follow further commands
Methods 7: Automatic Solution To Repair PC Issues
If you are a novice PC user and unable to resolve storport.sys error windows 10 through manual steps, we suggest you check out some automatic instructions as here mentioned to overcome your system problems in minuted. To do so, we recommend you choosing Reimage Repair and install it on your system. After the installation is done, it will scan your system to find out all errors or issues to fix them easily.
(We hope you really enjoyed reading this article regarding how to fix storport.sys error windows 10 without a mess. Do share this article to your friends or relatives to help them being a technical geek. Subscribe Us to be updated about all our latest articles.)